Thank you for your interest in our first Trunk or Treat addition to the Halloween Carnival and Costume Contest Event. Held Sunday October 20th from noon to 4pm at Holiday Harbor. There is no cost to enter but you must be prepared to hand out some kind of treat to the attendees, such as candy, or small prizes like pencils, stickers, spiders or something that matches your theme. If you have not heard of a Trunk of Treat it is where families, groups or businesses decorate their vehicles with a Halloween theme and pass out goodies. If you are participating as a business you ae welcome to hang a sign advertising it.
This is our first year hosting the event, so we are not sure how many children to expect, but would encourage you to plan for 150-250 items to be handed out. We hope to make this an annual part of the Halloween Carnival and Costume Contest. We thank you for support our inaugural Trunk or Treat.
CONTEST DETAILS AND RULES
- Please have something to hand out candy, healthy snacks or prizes. Nothing to elaborate or expensive. The fun in this is going from car to car and seeing the decor. Decorate a vehicle/trunk as festively as you can.
- There is a minimum of 10 vehicles to hold the contest.
- Vehicles must be checked in by 11 am on the day of the event.
- Please have vehicle decorated prior to start time of noon on October 20, 2019.
- Vehicles will need to be parked for duration of the event.
- The area will be blocked off to vehicular traffic at 11:30 am and not open again until after the event ends at 4pm.
- Please no extreme gore as this is a family/kid friendly event.
- The cars cannot be running during the event.
- There is no power available.
- Vehicles will be judged on Creativity/Originality, Attention to Detail, Theme Executions, Costumes, and Interaction with the kids and families.
- Please ensure the area around your Trunk or Treat is clean and all trash is removed prior to leaving.
- Dress up and have fun!!!